Re: Pro video

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Pro video
From: tiger technologies <tartanad@ix20.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 17:14:43 -0700
>Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 17:13:05 -0700
>To: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
>From: tiger technologies <tartanad@popd.ix.netcom.com>
>Subject: Re: Pro video
>
>Rich:
>When I'm not manufacturing or schlepping Tiger Technologies parts, I run an
automotive ad agency. One of the areas in which I have a great degree of
expertise is television production since we produce all the offroad racing
shows for Speedvision.

>Our hard cost to produce a one hour show for broadcast is $25,000 to
$30,000. Now that DOES include about $5,000 for a day's worth of helicopter,
but it also includes, camera rentals (Sony Beta SPs, plus heads), camera
operators, tape stock, scripting, off line and on line editing (at
$200/hour), music rental, travel, accomodations, etc. And in car camera
mounts rent out for $500 per day. It all ads up pretty quick.

>Doing a SUNI production is a great idea, but I doubt you'd be able to
generate enough sales to pay for production. I could work on getting it
aired on Speedvision perhaps for as little as $2,000. And our agency crew
(in-house) could produce an airworthy show. Now if you can only find someone
to come up with the rest of the dough...