Re: Brake Rotors

To: rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu, CoolVT@aol.com, bruiser@ont.com
Subject: Re: Brake Rotors
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 18:50:39 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-14 00:23:07 EDT, rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu writes:

<< Didn't Ramon have this problem last year?? Can't remember the cause
 offhand. Hey Laifman, dig through your archives and see if you can find
 that thread. Must have been over a year ago. Hmmmm??? Sheared off as I
 remember and I think the cause was too much wheel bearing play, at least
 that was the explanation I offered.  >>

Oh man!

This hurts!!!

The end of this story has been on my to-do list all that time . . .  I'll
follow up soon, but the cause seems to be defective brand-new rotors.  It's a
long story, and I'll get to it real soon now.  I promise.  In the meantime,
good used rotors would appear to be much much better than new OEM-type
replacements, no matter where you got 'em, unless you got 'em more than ten or
twelve years ago . . .

Ramon