Re: Delete button!

To: "tim morin" <tigert@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Delete button!
From: "A. C. Tynes" <actynes@communique.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 10:45:36 -0500
Regarding the Cobmeister, Tim Morin writes:

>Sorry! no time for babbling or rambling idiots!
>Entertaining, it is not!

Tim,

        Entertainment, like beauty, may be very subjective but I think
I can disprove your description of Colin as a "babbling or rambling
idiot".

        He can't be a "babbling idiot" because he does make himself
understood, though perhaps the slower among us need a little more
explanation than others. The "rambling idiot" part fails on two counts.
If rambling refers to disjointed thoughts, I, for one, have followed his
train of thought with no problem. If rambling refers to physical travel,
he may be taking his time traveling (for which we can envy him), but
he has a definite destination.

        Of course the babbling and rambling are just refinements of your
description of him as an "idiot". There are several reasons that he can
not be an idiot.

        1.      He owns a Tiger. (This may actually be my weakest argument,
                but I'll stick to it.)

        2.      He (or at least Janet) owns an Alpine.

        3.      He has worked himself into a position where he can afford the
                time and expense of buying a car in Florida and driving it back
                to New Mexico.

        4.      He loves bobbycue.

        5.      He can amuse and entertain most of us on the list.

        6.      He knows that there is no asshole like a Texas asshole. (I
                truly mean nothing personal as I am sure Colin also meant
        nothing
personal, but it is true.)

        7.      And the best reason I can think of - He has a wife who not only
                wants to have a Sunbeam, but is willing to go with him to get
                it and isn't going to bail out part way through the adventure.
No               idiot
could possibly do that.

        If you really want to talk about an idiot, talk about me. I bought a new
Tiger and then SOLD it. How stupid was that?

A. C. Tynes
Usetobe owner of a Mark I, probably
still being stupid in New Orleans