RE: Upper Shackle Bushing Removal Technique

To: "'Tiger List'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Upper Shackle Bushing Removal Technique
From: Frank Marrone <marrone@wco.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 19:59:13 -0700
A few more things I just remembered about the re-installation =
procedure...

It took two different sized hex head bolts to fully install the =
bushings.  A really long one (a little longer than twice bushing length) =
to get it started and to "press" it about half way in and then a shorter =
one to finish the job.  If the first bolt had been threaded to the head =
of the bolt then one bolt may have done the job.  I used a heavy flat =
washer (larger than the bushing boss diameter) behind the nut on the =
other end of the boss.=20

To get the final position of the bushing right (the original stuck out =
about evenly on both sides of the boss)  I used  a socket large enough =
to fit over the boss in the frame.  The socket was placed between the =
heavy flat washer and the frame rail.  =20

At the head of the bolt where force is applied to the bushing, I used =
washers with an ID large enough to fit over the inner metal sleeve.  I =
did this to apply the pressing force only on the outer sleeve of the =
bushing.