Thermostat housing

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Thermostat housing
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 10:09:46 -0600
So this morning the seeping thermostat housing started leaking rather more
vigorously. The reason for the seep in the first place is that the DPO
crossthreaded the cr*p out of the lower thermostat housing bolt, and I was
scared to tighten things too much when I installed the thermostat (there was
none) after getting the car here. The lower bolt that is in there is a very
mangled 5/16 UNC. The upper fastener is a 5/16 UNF stud. My objective is to
clean out what's there and then put a stud in so I don't remove any more threads
from the manifold.

The $64000 question is, what thread was originally used on the F4B thermostat
housing holes?

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705