PCV connection at carb

To: "'Tiger List'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: PCV connection at carb
From: Dave Binkley <dbinkley@argotech.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 22:03:06 -0700
Wow, thanks for all the postings on intake manifold gaskets.  The Edelbrock
F4B is installed  with cork gaskets held in place with gorilla snot, RTV in
the corners, etc.  I'll be sure to report back once I fire her up.

Now onto connecting up the PCV hose to the carb.  I'm going the same route
that Steve Laifman wrote about last January.  Holley 1848 carb of 465 CFM,
no PCV connect on the carb itself.  Got the 1/4" phenolic spacer used on the
1969 Boss 302.  Still available from Ford last month for about $30
something.  Looks like the hood is going to close as verified with modelers
clay on top of the air cleaner with everything sitting on the manifold.  As
Steve wrote, installing the spacer with the "this side up" puts the PCV
connection at the front of the carb (close to the primaries) with the tube
pointing towards the front of the right valve cover.  It's a big tube, 9/16"
which will require a healthy hose going around the carb to the PCV valve.
Also puts the hose in the general vacinity of the coil,  Definitely doable,
but not the cleanest installation.

If the spacer is flipped over end-to-end, it puts the PCV tube pointing at
the rear of the right valve cover.  Almost pointing right at the PCV valve.
Nice, neat and clean.  Almost hidden by the carb.  But, it puts the PCV
connection at the rear of the carb, next to the secondaries.

I have a dual plane version of the manifold.

So, how critical is this???  Is it really going to make a noticable
difference in how the car really runs?

Thanks for the help.

Dave