RE: [Fwd: Stopping Power]

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>,
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Stopping Power]
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 15:53:00 -0600
I have found the Volvo ones to be easy to work with. The early / middle 70's
volvos had two per car, one for each rear brake. Take it, clean it, and replace
the internal spring with one that's a little lighter, then remove the adjuster
and weld onto it a piece of 1/4" round bar stock to make a T-handle. Screw the
adjuster back in, install the whole thing in the rear brake line (within arm's
reach) and adjust the balance to your needs.

Caution: If any of the above sounds unfamiliar or particularly challenging to
you, DO NOT muck with the brakes on your car.

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705