RE: No Tiger Content

To: "'alpines@autox.team.net'" <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: No Tiger Content
From: Frank Marrone <marrone@wco.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 19:00:25 -0800
Todays internal combustion engines are extremely clean.  We have =
probably all heard the urban legend that exhaust of a new car tests =
cleaner than LA air.  I wonder if it is true.  The problem with internal =
combustion engines is that there are way too many of them! =20

I think you can conclude that electric vehicles pollute worse than =
internal combustion if you assume that the electricity is generated by a =
remotely  located fossil fuel plant.  You have to burn the fuel and =
pollute, you loose power due to transmission, you loose power due to =
storage, you loose power due to conversion to movement.  With internal =
combustion you burn the fuel and use the output directly thus =
(theoretically) eliminating losses due to transmission and storage.=20