Re: More questions on rear suspension!

To: rdmallory@earthling.net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More questions on rear suspension!
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 22:02:09 EST
In a message dated 11/2/98 5:45:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rdmallory@earthling.net writes:

<< I installed the quad shock without much luck. I tried changing the leverage
 point
 and still had tramp but not as bad. I went to the traction bars for a 65
Mustang

 (Weld on) and the problem was cured. But I am running race tires and 300+ hp.
 You might have better luck with the quad shocks. Some one makes a weld on kit
 with the shocks but I don't remember who I got them from. (Dale A?) >>
Barry Schonberger (Team Tiger) has quad-shock kits. I believe he uses Koni
"kicker" shocks, originally designed for Fox-platform Mustangs, with the
shocks mounted horizontally, going back from the axle housings to the floor
pan. This is similar to the Mustang setup used on V8 cars to alleviate axle
wind up.
Mike