Re: What to do?

To: wallym@ozemail.com.au, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: What to do?
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 22:08:18 EST
In a message dated 11/2/98 4:15:02 AM Pacific Standard Time,
wallym@ozemail.com.au writes:

<< I thought to get the MIG out and do the welding properly, but thought I
 would then be accused of creating an Alger cause the welding would not be
 "original". Any thoughts/discussion on this out there? Or do I just fill up
 the joints with the same grey like crud to keep it all original?

 I'm just about to make up a rottisierie as well. Has anyone used the bumper
 bar brackets for this?, as this to me looks the simplest way to do it. >>

If you look at Norm Miller's website, he has some pictures of one of the
LeMans Tigers being restored and makes approving reference to the meticulous
seam welding...I know that I, for one, fully intend to seam weld my uni-body
when I get it back from being stripped. It would seem to be the only logical
thing to do, for a car which gets used hard and often.
The rotisserie-using-bumper-brackets idea I have seen done and seems to work
out very well.
Mike