Mech. vs. Hyd. lifters

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Mech. vs. Hyd. lifters
From: "Waybright, Stephen" <Stephen.Waybright@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:53:42 -0600
All,
    I'm looking for opinions on pros/cons of solid lifters in the Tiger. I'd
rather have the benefits of maintenance free operation and roller followers
with a hydraulic cam, but I'm shooting for 350 - 400 HP (flywheel) and the
best way there may be a solid lifer setup with rev capability above 6000rpm.
FYI, I'll be converting to a T-5 transmission and multi-link coil over rear
suspension to manage the power.

I'm particularly interested in hearing from anyone who's adjusted their
solid lifers and have the aluminum "Tiger" valve covers, since I plan to
install these as well. Is this job possible without significant gymnastics /
engine movement???

Stephen Waybright