Re: Mech. vs. Hyd. lifters

To: "Waybright, Stephen" <Stephen.Waybright@COMPAQ.com>,
Subject: Re: Mech. vs. Hyd. lifters
From: "Chris Richards" <richards@northcoast.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 15:56:11 -0500
Steve-  Roller followers roll back and forth and develop a flat spot.
Figure on changing them every 20-40,000 miles depending on cam and driving
pattern.  Look into Rhodes lifters.  Hydraulic and won't float till x,000
RPM.  I think anyone who won't be doing serious competition racing would be
foolish to puposely install an engine in a Tiger which requires regular
valve adjustments.  Of course one could argue the pros and cons of a Tiger
with 400 horses.

Chris in Trinidad

> From: Waybright, Stephen <Stephen.Waybright@COMPAQ.com>
> To: 'tigers@autox.team.net'
> Subject: Mech. vs. Hyd. lifters
> Date: Friday, November 13, 1998 5:53 PM
>
> All,
>     I'm looking for opinions on pros/cons of solid lifters in the Tiger.
I'd