Re: Hard top storage ideas?

To: "Ken Tisdale" <ktisdale@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Hard top storage ideas?
From: "JAN HARDE" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:15:05 -0800
Ken,

They both do work, I have the manual model, and it is SUPER..
Comes with everything you need, rope, tackles, wall plate to put rope around
straps and a curved metal bar that goes under the top for stability, right
in front of the quarter windows, and so simple and so cheap as well, less
than one would cost by the individual part.

Good Luck, I have had mine for the past 7 years now..

Jan.. (the ol' e-Mail is working again!!)

(postscript)
Steve is working on a special powered conversion unit, as opposed to his
1/4 inch drill motor, he
is  converting an old 1947 Harley Engine, utilizing a shaft drive through a
limited slip differential (of-course) and cushioned via real Koni's from
Sunbeam Specialties. It has a Tiger Tech exhaust, and the famous rear end
cage unit from Dan Walters, it will be duly tac'ed as soon as it is done.
for maximum efficiency and SPEED...That ought to move that ol top to the top
of the Empire State in 15 sec or so...RPM @ about 19,000.
He has perfected and redesigned the muffler bearings, as to reduce the drag,
and to decrease the overall drag coefficiency, as to optimize the combustion
thrust factor, and thus get better performance, it is currently undergoing
the wind-tunnel tests, and the flow bench work is all done.

He he he!!! (tongue in cheek)