RE: Hard top storage ideas?

To: "JAN HARDE" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Subject: RE: Hard top storage ideas?
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 23:05:12 -0800
Jan,

Just checked out BHMA web site....thanks for forwarding it on.

Please do not take this personally or as any kind of flame
whatsoever.....BUT....the least expensive alternative they show on their web
page is the "Miata" at $84.95.

Indeed, this is a reasonable alternative and fairly cost-effective.
However, for about $15.00 worth of new equipment, and some used stuff lying
in your garage, you can have at least the same or a better product.  BTW, I
tried the route shown on BHMA's web site years ago with my Datsun 2000 and
TR-6 hardtops.  Had way too much trouble with the hard top spinning on the
rope and getting tangled.  The design Steve mentions is similar to mine and
much improved over my earlier "lazy man's" hard top alternatives.  Also, as
much as I enjoyed those two cars, I MUCH prefer the Tiger.

Just put this in the FWI category.

Regards,

Allan