Re: Turn Signal Switch

To: schotbus@cyberenet.net, Alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Turn Signal Switch
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 18:56:49 EST
In a message dated 12/1/98 11:43:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
schotbus@cyberenet.net writes:

> Doug Jennings of Tiger Auto in Dayton, OH can modify your existing
>  turn signal switch to the Euro-style headlamp flash-to-pass.
>  I'm not sure what he charges, but it's not much.
>
>  Gary Schotland
>
>  > This thread on turn switches reminded me of something I was looking for
>  > some years ago. The switch arm also moves fore and aft and it would be
> neat
>  > to have a contact that could operate a relay to flash the headlights.
>  > Since so many electrical parts were common in the Brit auto industry, was
>  > there a use of the Tiger switch that included such an additional contact?
>  > Bill Rogers

Gary, Bill, Steve, Theo et al,

At one time there was a direct replacement Lucas turn signal switch w/lift-
flasher operation which looked exactly like the OEM Sunbeam.  I installed one
to operate my horns (in conjunction with a relay) after fitting an after
market steering wheel. I don't know if they are still available, but I'll
research it and see if I can come up with a part number.

Dick Barker