Re: Turn Signal Switch

To: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Subject: Re: Turn Signal Switch
From: "John Crawley" <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:04:54 -0700

You asked for more info on the 140 signal switch. I understand that there
are two 140 switches listed and I am not sure which one I used. I bought it
from Pick-Your-Part for about $4 so never thought of it as a great
investment and did not pay any attention to the part no. on it. My car is
in storage for the big deep freeze here in the North so can not check until
next spring.
The only mod to make the switch fit was to build a bracket from sheet metal
to bolt the switch to. I also had to cut off the plug in connectors and
solder on wires to allow enough clearance inside the switch cover. The self
cancel worked fine when I installed it but are betting a little weak now so
I shall have to pull it apart in the spring and give it a bit of lube. I
had none of the plastic guts in my steering column when I bought the car so
used the self contained Volvo switch and it works great. The self cancel is
activated by the original TIGER setup.  I use the pull switch to sound the
horn. The lever is an very close match to the origianl. Hope this helps.

Godspeed
Jc