Re: Competition and Tigers

To: laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: Competition and Tigers
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 21:18:57 -0800
At 07:46 AM 12/16/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Tom,
>
>Here we are, about to have a good water fight, and along you
>come with a cold splash of reason.  Ruin's all the fun.
>Steve

After I released my last post, I realized that those on this list already
know that Tiger owners enjoy a good sparring match almost as much as they
enjoy their Tigers.  I don't pretend to have any better handle on what is
"right" than anybody else.  In fact my "right" is wrong for many owners.
They look at a restored stock Tiger as the "ultimate".  I see a well
proportioned blank canvas that I can develop into something very unique and
"special" that reflects my personal interests, creativity and talents.  I
may not throw as much cash at my Tigers as someone who has to pay a
professional to do the work 'cause I do 90+% of the work myself.  My
investment is time and I'll argue with anybody that it is just as valuable
(if not more so) as cash.  It really doesn't matter who's philosophy is
right or wrong as long as we can all share the enjoyment of this wonderful
car that Ian created.

BTW, have any of you Rod Length Theorists seen the article in the January
5.0 Mustang Mag by Peterson Pubs.  11:1 compression with 87 octane gas.
Yeah, I know this is a 351, but theory is theory.  A long rod 302 with
similar results????  Ok, Ok it's not stock, but its food for discussion,
and controversy.

Tom