Re: Bell housing

To: "Tigers" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bell housing
From: "Bob Hokanson" <tgrr2@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:36:42 -0800

----------
> From: Parlee, Brad (IndSys,SLS) <brad.parlee@indsys.ge.com>
> To: mikeburd@email.msn.com
> Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
> Subject: Bell housing
> Date: Monday, December 21, 1998 7:14 AM
>
> Mike,
> I too am stalled out, one step behind where you are.  I have no bell
> housing.  For what it is worth I have heard that the Lakewood bell
housing
> is to tall for the tunnel and requires at minimum - a bit of beating.
Hope
> someone else on the list has some hands on experience and will let us now
> exactly.

I installed a Lakewood scattershield bellhousing in my '65 Tiger and will
vouch for the fact they will not fit without quite a bit of beating.  After
I had stretched the tunnel to the point where everything cleared, it ended
up with holes in it.  I finally cut a section of the tunnel out and
fabricated a new piece to fit.

> I was one of the Orlando Tigers at the drags with Bob Hokanson, Jerry
10sec
> Porche, John 14sec Webber.......  I'm Brad 16sec barrel 260 Parlee.

Don't dispair Brad, at least you looked good.  Who knows what with a little
tuning, another 100 cu. in., and a load of nitrous???
Bob