Re: Bell housing

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bell housing
From: "Mark Meswarb" <mmeswarb@itexas.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 18:57:22 -0500
As suggested by others, you can use a blow proof bell housing on a Tiger
if you modify the transmission tunnel.  I chose a different approach and
modified the bell housing.  A blow-proof bell housing is basically a can
with an angle on top so it will clear most trans tunnels.  The angle
just doesn't extend around far enough to work for the Tiger.  I cut out
a 1/4 moon section on each side of the bell housing where it interfered
with the trans tunnel, and welded in flat plate.  Effectively extending
the angle portion further around the can.  Obviously this would void any
manufacture's warranty, but its still got to better than the factory
aluminum.  The next problem you're going to face is clutch linkage.  Tom
Hall has a beautiful solution for this one.  Basically its a hydraulic
throughout bearing.  It eliminates everything past the clutch master
cylinder except the hydraulic line.  Unfortunately, I have just moved
and as you can imagine, have no idea where anything is.  Maybe Tom can
supply the manufacturer or part number for this throughout bearing.

Good Luck,
Mark