Re: Oil Lines and NACA Ducts

To: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Oil Lines and NACA Ducts
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:55:02 -0800

STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com wrote:

>          I'm not sure about copper in this application.  Sure, it can hold
> the
>      pressure when new, but copper does not like to be flexed too much, and
>      will readily fatigue, and fail.  I'd be concerned about vibration, and
>      the relative motion between the engine and body.  If I were doing it
>      again, I'd use the SS braided hose kit.

>     Stu

Agree 1000%.  soft copper will indeed work harden and crack with flexing.  The
C.A.T. Warehouse has braided stainless lines, with the correct end fittings
and lengths, for the oil pressure gauge, the flexible brake lines, and an
emergency by-pass hose for the vacuum brake servo (just  in case).  The oil
line is routed and  fastened to the left fender, with a small loop for engine
movement, to keep it neatly away from damage.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >