Re: Centerforce Clutches

To: "Bob Hokanson" <tgrr2@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Centerforce Clutches
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 13:43:26 -0800
At 11:56 AM 1/23/99 -0800, you wrote:

>Regarding Centerforce clutches...I understand that the pedal effort is
>greatly reduced due to the use of weights which produce more clamping force
>as RPM increases, but can you disengage the clutch at high RPM as in
>power-shifting?  Anybody out there using one of these clutches?
>Bob

        Like Larry, I too am a firm proponent of the Centerforce clutch.  I
installed one three years ago and couldn't be more pleased.  Mind you this
is on a 302 with small rod bolts so it doesn't see RPM's over 5500, but it
gives no indication of problems at that speed.  I think it also preserves
the life of the throwout bearing due to the better spread of loading.

Tom Hall