Re: Brake Servo Units

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Servo Units
From: Wally Menke <wallym@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:34:50 +1100 (EST)
>Now the Australian export, being as they are on the other side
>of the world, and upside down, use their hands, even though
>the steering wheel is on the 'right" side. (I hear they steer
>with their feet, just to make the rest of us look clumsy, and
>physically inept)
>
>{9->
>
>Steve

No wonder I've got a bad back, and my Tiger is'nt even going yet - must be
just the thought of it.

For people on this list in Australia the alternative 5" brake servo was made
here by PBR, model VC44. This unit is a remote unit that was fitted to
locally manufactured cars in the mid-late sixties. This included HR Holden
Premiers (GM), Ford Falcons and VC Valiant Chyslers. You can pick good
rebuildable units up at swap meets very cheaply (A$ 10-50). This is a
reliable unit that can be rebuilt at a fraction of the cost of the original
Girling unit.

Cheers
Wally in OZ