Re: Brake Servo Units

To: wallym@ozemail.com.au, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Servo Units
From: FrizBMG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 20:46:19 EST
In a message dated 1/28/99 3:36:54 AM, wallym@ozemail.com.au writes:

>>Now the Australian export, being as they are on the other side
>>of the world, and upside down, use their hands, even though
>>the steering wheel is on the 'right" side. (I hear they steer
>>with their feet, just to make the rest of us look clumsy, and
>>physically inept)
>>
>>{9->
>>
>>Steve
>>

>No wonder I've got a bad back, and my Tiger is'nt even going yet - must
>be
>just the thought of it.
>
>For people on this list in Australia the alternative 5" brake servo was
>made
>here by PBR, model VC44. This unit is a remote unit that was fitted to
>locally manufactured cars in the mid-late sixties. This included HR Holden
>Premiers (GM), Ford Falcons and VC Valiant Chyslers. You can pick good
>rebuildable units up at swap meets very cheaply (A$ 10-50). This is a
>reliable unit that can be rebuilt at a fraction of the cost of the original
>Girling unit.
>

>Cheers
>Wally in OZ

So My question to the list is this...since this fellow in Australia is
recomending a local(to him) substitution for the Girling booster setup,and
this aussie setup was used on Aussie Ford Falcons(were they built over there?)
would as similar American part for the same Ford Falcon here be a viable
substitute as well.
Just thinking out loud
Tony