Engine pulling advice

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine pulling advice
From: "Schotland" <gary@schotland.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 01:21:30 -0500
Hi Guys,

It's been 7+ years since I've yanked out a Tiger engine, so I'm in
need of some advice.  Do I drop the crossmember and take the
engine/trans out from below or do I attempt to pull them out
together from above, leaving the crossmember in place?

The last time around I dropped the crossmember and pulled it from
below without too much trouble.  The most painful part was bolting
that heavy crossmember back in place so I could move the car
around.  In fact, as I remember, it was an absolute bitch to line up
the bolt holes. (I think ten year olds from across the street learned
a few new bad words that day - shame on me!)

My inclination is to drop the crossmember, but I don't want a replay
of the trouble I had putting it back in place.  If this is the way to go,
what's the least painful technique for putting the crossmember
back in place?

Thanks,

Gary Schotland