Rear end question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear end question
From: CALUMETAIR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 15:45:35 EST
Hi, long time "lurker" here.
Kinda shy in the past (I didn't even know what year my Tiger is.
Thought I'd kick off my participation by asking what I should do with the
differential ?
I have a stock Tiger rear end. I will have a carbureted 302 HO from a Mustang
keeping the engine bay warm until I get sentimental and put the 260 back in.I
plan to street drive my car for fun only. Maybe some play racing on a track or
two.
Will the stock unit suffice? Is there an "upgrade" differential that lends
it'self to limited slip? Does the stock unit have limited slip?
My reading research years ago mentioned a real serious wheel hop problem with
stock Tigers. Any common cure for this ?
I will have to replace tires and wheels too, so they are not a factor at this
time.
Thanks a bunch, Tom M.  1964, B382000257 Lansing, Illinois (Chicago suburb)