Re: Rear end question

To: CALUMETAIR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rear end question
From: Doug Mallory <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:04:05 -0500

CALUMETAIR@aol.com wrote:

> Will the stock unit suffice?

Yes, It is a Dana 44 the same as Jeep/ Scout

> Is there an "upgrade" differential that lends
> it'self to limited slip?

Yes,
Locker, Air Locker, Power Lock with clutches, Gleason etc.

> Does the stock unit have limited slip?

Nope...

> My reading research years ago mentioned a real serious wheel hop problem with
> stock Tigers. Any common cure for this ?

1. Lift right foot.

2. install quad shocks

3. install traction bars

4. With stock tires you will get more blue smoke than wheel hop.

> I will have to replace tires and wheels too, so they are not a factor at this
> time.

I am running 13x7 mini stock wheels with 245 45 13 (I Think) BFG R1's for Auto-x