parts interchangability - alpine - tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: parts interchangability - alpine - tiger
From: Pappentl@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 07:13:06 EST
i'm about ready to start reassembly of my '65 mk1 tiger and since it's been 9
years since i took it completely apart i've been looking for an alpine parts
car to use as a guide.  cruising the jersey shore this weekend in search of
another 2002 (my other afliction) i found a series 3 alpine (complete,
4-speed, wire wheels (try getting those off!), missing only the headlight
rims) rotting away in some woods off to the side of the road.  if what i'm
after is how the electrical wires run, the bolts sizes for the dash,
windscreen, etc., would this make a good parts car or would i need a later
car?  if i located the owner and trailer it home, does anyone want anything
from it?

...tom
wilmington, del