tach questions

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: tach questions
From: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@www.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 20:10:33 -0600
I talked with Margaret Lucas @ MoMa today, and boy am I confused.  My
tach works fine at idle and under normal use.  But under hard
acceleration (when you really need it) the needle swings wildly around
(maybe a 1000 rpm swing).  The car has done this for the year and a half
I've owned it, and I thought it was normal.  After talking to Margaret,
I get the impression this isn't normal.  Furthermore, she thinks her
tach won't work with my Pertronics ignition.  Can anybody shed some
light on this for me?  All I want is a smooth running accurate tach
that looks nearly like the original.  If it reads to 8000, great.  I
like the Pertronics and want to keep it.

Jim Pickard
B9473298