RE: Front license plate

To: "'Pen Pendleton'" <pen@groundzero.net>,
Subject: RE: Front license plate
From: Chris Thompson <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 16:16:44 -0500
speaking of front license plate holders, does anybody have one for sale?
 somebody turned me on to a feller who had some reproductions made, and i
called him twice.  never got a return call, so i guess he's out.

true story.  i got pulled over by a trooper solely for missing my front plate
who gave me a warning.  he said i didn't want to get a "chicken" ticket on a
car like that.  (i guess i should be getting speeding tickets).  in any event
he said he would ticket me the next time he saw me without the front plate, and
as i live in a small town, i expect that it will happen.  i won't drill a hole
in my car where it didn't already have one (?), so i really want an original
plate holder.  any help will be appreciated!

chris thompson
B382000331

On Tuesday, March 02, 1999 3:20 PM, Pen Pendleton [SMTP:pen@groundzero.net]
wrote:
> For those of you who have an original rear license plate on your car, but
> need a front plate to comply with the local laws (and want to keep the
> original plate instaed of getting a new set of plates), I have what I
> consider to be the best idea I've had in about 6 years: I color xeroxed
> my rear plate and installed the xerox in a plastic license plate holder
> for the front. The plastic plate holder looks a bit cheesy, but it's
> mounted under the bumper and fairly out of sight.  Most importantly, it
> will fool anyone in a position of authority. (I had the original black
> plate California plate which I obviously wanted to keep, but no front
> plate, and I knew that, eventually, I'd get a ticket.)

Chris Thompson
Executive Vice President
Recognition Research, Inc.
1750 Kraft Dr. Suite 2000