Re: Rear license plate mounting

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear license plate mounting
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 18:38:09 EST
In a message dated 3/2/99 11:00:30 AM Pacific Standard Time, laifman@flash.net
writes:

>  Mount the normal bracket  upside-down under the
>  bumper location.

Originally, Sunbeams did not have a "normal" rear bracket.  I suppose this was
because the Brits use a "registration number" applique that sticks onto the
trunk.  I use a thin stainless bracket which fits under the trunk handle. It
keeps the plate in the intended trunk lid location without requiring any
holes.

Andy Heaton (does Tiger body work) here in San Diego cuts a section out of the
center of the rear bumper and adds a recessed piece which holds the plate and
the lights, then rechromes the whole thing.  It's kinda like a '50s hot rod.
Not stock, of course, but very neat, functional, and darn good looking.

Dick Barker