Re: Junk That Tach

To: Mike Burd <mikeburd@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Junk That Tach
From: twojohnsons@home.com
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 08:26:17 -0500
Have the innards  converted to electronic, solid state  and run a hot wire to
the coil. Mo-ma did mine and dispite all the whining I read about them on
this board, they did an excellent job. I bought a 8000 (optomistic) dial,
too. I can't understand why anyone who really wants to know what the engine
is doing would try to resurrect an outdated and proven innaccurate tach that
has more jiggles than Pamela Anderson. They never were right, even when new.
I read a  Tigers east tech manual article where Tiger Tom tested 10-12 of
them at a meet, and EVERY one was wrong.
Al J.