Re: "" PATHETIC!!"" (long)

To: cthompson@rrinc.com, harde@cyberesc.net, PMUSS@aol.com
Subject: Re: "" PATHETIC!!"" (long)
From: JPKKMK@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 03:35:03 EDT
In a message dated 4/29/99 8:16:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
cthompson@rrinc.com writes:

<<
 a central sunbeam web site, for providing links to *anyone* who wants to
contribute could solve a whole bunch of current problems.  this portal to
sunbeam resources could be sponsored by national club member dues, as well as
corporate sponsors.  individual attempts at sunbeam web pages have been made
in the past, but they are disparate, and it seems their owners have almost
given up.
 ... the Internet changes everything, as should be obvious from this list
I've learned more just lurking on this list than i have from any te/ae
newsletter.  i have access to much more cars and parts through the web than
is in the "rootes celler" in the te/ae newsletter.   i can send out a tiger
question, and get a qualified response almost immediately.

cthompson-
As you so aptly point out in your post there is a central web site (you are
on it now) that provides most of what you want.The tiger and Alpine lists are
great!!! I subscribe to both lists as I have interests in both Alpines and
Tigers. I still think the separation of the two lists is good because it lets
you pick your interests. As far as having any cliques take over (as happens
in clubs with officers and elections) this is virtually impossible with the
web because everyone has equal access. If you don't like the information
posted you can say so (as Jan Harde has illustrated). If you would like to do
things your own way you can write your own web page and post that to the list
(as many have done). If you don't have information on Sunbeam sites just ask
and people will reply with a list of almost all the web sites. The
information is up to date and helpful and you usually get more than one
opinion. Additionally unlike any club or newsletter it can be very personal.
I get answers to questions that I ask and apply to my specific situation.
I would advocate that we leave the organization, professionalism, money and
associated problems out of this great thing we have with the Tiger and Alpine
Lists. If you want to send your money somewhere send it the Guy who
volunteers his time and equipment to maintaining the lists. (I don't even
know who the guy is but he had a post a few months back when he needed to
upgrade his equipment that had broken)
I belong to many of the clubs and while some are better than others they all
pale in comparison to the lists!!!!!
All of the above is
IMHO
Patrick King