RE: torker& carter AFB

To: "Windsor Owens" <wowens@etec.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: torker& carter AFB
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 17:08:14 -0700
IMHO,

DO NOT use the Edelbrock triangular shaped (with foam element,) air cleaner
on your car.  When I first got my Tiger, it had one of these air cleaners.
I took it to a friend's shop so he could do some minor tinkering and
tweaking I did not have time for.  After some adjustments, he went to start
the car and the foam element caught fire.  Thank the lucky stars that he had
a Halon fire extinguisher close at hand.  Again, MHO, but stay away from
this filter set-up if you can.

Regards,

Allan
B9472373