Re: torker& carter AFB -Reply

To: wowens@etec.com, laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: torker& carter AFB -Reply
From: Daniel Jones <djones2@mdc.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 16:55:47 -0500
>The Torker is a HIGH rise manifold.  The Carter is about the same as the
>Holley.  Don't believe it will clear, but you can always test it, if installed,
>with a wad of aluminum foil on top of the carb.

>From Edelbrock's web site, the heights are:
                             A        B
 Performer 289      3.50"   4.75"
 Torker II              4.00"   5.18"
 Performer RPM    4.30"   5.50"

I believe a Performer 289 will clear but I don't know about a Performer
RPM.  If the RPM does, then a Torker II should as well.  With only a
1/2" taller carb base than a Performer 289, it's possible it will.  The air
cleaner flange is a little lower on the Carter so that will help some.

Dan Jones