Re: 351 heat problems

To: Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com
Subject: Re: 351 heat problems
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 17:41:47 -0400
At 09:45 AM 5/13/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Chris S. Mottram@ECCI
>05/13/99 09:45 AM

>My Tiger "floats" at 70mph.  Did you see any improvement at lower speeds?
>Was is very noticeable?  I see lots of new cars with various black plastic
>airdams underneath that I don't think would look too bad under a Sunbeam.
>Has anyone found a nice looking airdam in a junkyard that is a reasonable
>fit?  I don't ever want to see 130 mph on my speedo unless I push the
>needle there with my finger :-)
>
>Chris
        Another thought, if the front end of your Tiger is higher
than the rear, you may get more lift than normal.
When your Tiger is fixed correctly, you should be able to peg
that speedometer (140 MPH+) with your foot.  This is assuming
that you are in a safe place to do it.  I do not go along with
putting other people in danger when I am in my Tiger.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others