Re: 351 heat problems

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: 351 heat problems
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 17:59:13 -0400
At 08:25 AM 5/13/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I have used an "air dam" from s small G.M. car on the custom built car.   It
>was about 3" high and 2 1/2 feet long, and made of black rigid ABS type
>material. ...  I'd aim for a 50%
>reduction in the distance from the road to the cross member, as a first cut.
>Steve Laifman
        Steve and other folks,  The air dam I had, (before the plastic cracked)
was great for driving, but it was a pain to try to jack up the Tiger
from the front.  I use a small cheap hydralic jack that requires about
5 1/2" to get under anything.  The air dam was around 3" from the ground.
The jack wouldn't fit.  Had to jack up from the side a bit before I could
put the jack under the front cross member.  My frame modification is
such that I do not use the original Tiger Jack in the square holes
under the bumper.  In any case they were covered by the air dam.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others