Re: Coolant filter longish reply

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Coolant filter longish reply
From: Ray McCrary <spook01@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 15:37:38 -0500
Steve,

The fit of the fiberglas version is terrible.

The hood varies in length and width, and is warped.  On one side, it is
1/4" short and varies to 1/8" short on the other.  It is warped slightly,
with the right side too high at the rear, too low half way down and too
high at the front.

The left side is over 1/4" too high all along the side.

The above is with the hinges fully down and fully to the left!!

When I first put the thing on the car, I was tempted to just cut the
various scoops out of it, and bond them to the stock hood.....in fact, I'm
still considering this option.

I used a spare set of hinges, since I had to bent them slightly to get the
hood to center over the hole.  I haven't had the heart to try the lock
plate alignment yet.

I think that the mould must have been taken from a warped original; if so,
it duplicates the (lack of) quality of the original!

And these babies ain't cheap, either!

Best Regards,

Ray