Re: Shimy and shake

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Shimy and shake
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 00:26:48 EDT
Check that the bolts connnecting the steering shaft
extension to the rack are tight.  I too had some play
at the outer edge of the steering wheel.  And this was
after having my rack rebuilt by Tiger Tom.  Tightening
down on the bolts eliminated all the play.

Also even tough most people swear its not accurate,
take your car to someone who can spin the wheels on
the car.  I'll concede that all race cars dont have their
tires balanced on the car.  But I have found that it is
the only way to really balance a wheel.  Of course
you have to mark your wheel and lug nut so that if
you remove it sometime, it goes back the same way.
Rotate one lug and you're out of balance again.

Dave Johnson