Re: Temperature Gauges

To: Stu Brennan <sbrennan@master.ncounty.net>, Mike Sutter <mjsutter@cts.com>,
Subject: Re: Temperature Gauges
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 22:51:26 -0700
Stu,

My "clue" that MIke's temperature gauge was reading twenty degrees too high
was his observation, similar to yours, that his temperature ran twenty
degrees over the nominal thermostat control temperature for two different
thermostats and temperatures. In your case I would bet that your gauge is
reading about ten degrees too high. Most thermostats seem to control the
temperature at pretty close to the set point . . . provided, of course, the
cooling system is not a limitation. If you want to calibrate your
temperature gauge, you might want to start with the tech tips on Mark
Olson's Web page on this subject.

TTFN,

Bob