RE: Temperature Gauges

To: "'Bob Palmer'" <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>,
Subject: RE: Temperature Gauges
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 08:03:46 -0600
Mike, and Listers,

Since you're using a VDO gauge, and a VDO sender as well, I would be somewhat
surprised if they were not compatible with each other. However, when you wired
the gauge, did you get the gauge power from the instrument regulator output
(10V) or from the ignition circuit (13 to 14 V)? I am not really familiar with
VDO gauges but since they are an aftermarket gauge I would expect that they have
an internal regulator and are designed to hook straight to the ignition. Having
too low a supply voltage might cause it to read high (on Tiger gauges low
voltage causes them to read low).

Good luck,

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca