RE: CA Law on Front License Plate

To: c1967@email.com, "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: CA Law on Front License Plate
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 23:21:04 -0700
Scott,

I agree that California law doesn't make sense. But it is, nonetheless,
perfectly clear on this point. If you are issued two plates, you have to
put one on the front and the back. If you get just one, you only have to
put it on the back. There are a lot of us who have been driving around with
no front plate for a very long time with no hassles. But, of course, we
know better than to give a cop the finger. ;-)

TTFN,

Bob

At 11:33 PM 7/10/99 -0400, c1967@email.com wrote:
>Hello All:
>I just got my Tiger registered with "Historical Plates". On the form I was
>able to mark one plate or two plates. I asked the DMV person helping me
>and she said that I could have my choice. If it truly is a law that you
>have a front plate, why do you have the choice of asking for a single one?
>I think you are getting screwed Andy. Did you give the cop the finger or
>something?
>Scott
>Mk1

Robert L. Palmer