RE: Front Plate - Input & Innuendo

To: "Andy Mars" <ai373@lafn.org>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Front Plate - Input & Innuendo
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 14:46:51 -0700
Andy,

I don't know who started it, but I think the reference to "flipping the
bird" by a number of listers was just kidding around.  I do not think anyone
meant to offend you or cause any harm.

Anyway, as to a rectification from the CHP, you must call a local CHP office
on a non-emergency number and make arrangements to have an officer sign off
that you have indeed "corrected" your "equipment" violation.

I am going to check with an acquaintance who is a senior CHP officer to get
the straight poop on this subject.  He has seen my car a number of times and
NEVER said anything missing the front plate....and believe me he would.  I
will try and let the list know what he says, as I only have a rear plate as
well, and want to keep it that way.

Regards,

Allan