Re: Front Plate - Input & Innuendo

To: ai373@lafn.org (Andy Mars)
Subject: Re: Front Plate - Input & Innuendo
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 17:58:14 -0400
Andy,
        It seems obvious to me that you were parked in the wrong state.
In Florida, you can have a cardboard plate in the rear window that says
that you lost your plate and no one cares.  However if you have over a
few hundred dollars and you are pulled over on Interstate 95, the cops
will take the money and claim it is "drug money".  They also take the
Tiger as a drug runner's car.
        I have a very rusty bent up front plate mounting beacket for a
Tiger II if you are interested.

At 08:11 AM 7/11/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Thank you to all those who provided input into the front license plate
>situation.
>
>No thanks to all those with their innuendos about me must having flipped
>the cop the bird or something.
>
>Here's what happened - - -
>
>I was parked legally on the street in Santa Monica - it was July 4th
>weekend - I hear cops were out in full force - I was careful to put money
>in the meter, even though it was just minutes before 6pm, when the meter
>was no longer necessary - I went to Santa Monica College's Corsair Field
>for picnicing with friends, tossing a frisbee, and then eventually
>watching the big fireworks there - -  I later came out to find a ticket
>on my windshield, citing me for Violation # 5200, "no front plate" - it
>also indicated in the remarks, that my VIN was not visible!  So, no, I
>was not there to flick the cop the bird.
>
>Again, thank you to all those who tried to offer genuine input.
>
>Now, either I call them up and pay with a credit card over the telephone
>the $25, or I get proof of correction from CHP - [I have no clue as to
>where to go for this!} - and still pay $10.  It is not an expensive
>ticket, but the principal of the thing really irks me.
>
>Any further genuine input, always appreciated.
>
>Take care (and spread it around).
>
>Peace,
>       Andy
>

>--
>        "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
>                                                                 - Aesop

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others