Re: New Carb's

To: "Bill Martin" <bmartin@snf.stanford.edu>,
Subject: Re: New Carb's
From: "Tim Ronak" <timinvan@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 11:47:01 -0600
Bill and Bob and listers,
I took a look at the carb you bought on Holley's web page and it is awesome
looking. Since they are calling and annular venturi carb including the
4-idle adjust screws I was curious if the Venturis have 4 or 8 fuel
dispersion holes in them like my old 750 annular. The idea was that with 8
holes you get better atomization of fuel although the race prepped carbs
only had 4 holes per venturi they worked exceedingly well. All in all I will
probably go with Holley's version over the Barry Grant sports claw as over
time i have found Holley stuff almost bullet proof. I too am interested in
how the thing performs with your combination but Bill if you could include
some detail for those of us that are not familiar with your combination such
as Cubic inch, Heads -ported or aftermarket, compression ratio, Cam
selection and intake used as well as the exhaust configuration with muffler
choice and whether or not you have an exhaust crossover pipe.
Thanx,
Tim Ronak