Re: Re: im looking to put a 351 in my tiger(long)

To: jhankins@ix.netcom.com, owner-tigers@autox.team.net, MWood24020@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Re: im looking to put a 351 in my tiger(long)
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 20:18:48 EDT
In a message dated 7/24/99 2:14:20 PM, jhankins@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Otherwise it borders on
>the criminal to hack up a Mark II when you could just as easily hack up
>something much less rare to produce the same result!

Interesting comment.  Calling car modification "Criminal" is hyperbole.
Putting a 351 in an Alpine would not produce the same result.  You'd have a
Alpine with a 351, not a Tiger with the 351.  The effects might be similar,
but the result is not.

Who cares what someone else does to their car.  If they own it, let them go
forward and prosper.

I'm with Tom Hall, its much more interesting to examine a modified Tiger than
it is to look at clones of the factory.  And let's face it, a Tiger is not a
Cobra or a Jag, or a Vette, or a Ferrari.  As an owner, I can safely say it's
really a short step above being a POS.  It takes some serious modification to
make it a decent car.    It seems, the arguments always start when list
members seem to think their Tiger is an investment.  The typical Tiger is
worth about the same as a 6 or 7 year old VW Jetta.  If you have a rust
bucket or a high mileage beast, there is no real way to recoup the cost of
the repairs, regardless of how rare the Tiger is.

Don't worry, enjoy your car and let others enjoy theirs.

Rob