Re: im looking to put a 351 in my tiger(long)

To: rdm58@ibm.net
Subject: Re: im looking to put a 351 in my tiger(long)
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 16:06:32 -0400
At 09:09 AM 7/25/99 -0400, you wrote:
>James,
>What type of stearing set up does this have?
>I am thinking of building a SCCA GT 2 car.
>
>Doug
>
>>        I have a partly completed Alpine setting next to my house
>>that has coil over 4.11 9" rear end, space for a 460 Ford under the hood,
>>Linclon spindles, ball joints and Linclon disks all around. No interior
>>other than
>>tubs at the moment.  This would be a good starting point to not chop
>>up a Tiger II like I did. $1000 and you haul it away.
>>
>>James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others
Doug,
        I have a modified MG rack on a highly modified Alpine
cross member.  Instead of the tie rods going from the end of the rack
as normal, I have a steel attachment that allows the tie rods to
be aligned with the steering arms.  I cut out part of the
Alpine cross member just in front of the spring towers and welded in
re enforcement plates to allow this to work.  I spent a lot of time
on the steering setup to avoide reverse ackerman and to make the
steering work with the Lincoln spindels.  Still not satified
with the steering.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others