Re: Ackerman Angle

To: "geewhiz@inreach.com" <geewhiz@inreach.com>
Subject: Re: Ackerman Angle
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 21:29:30 -0400
Gerard,
        With over 270k miles on my Tiger, I replace tires very often.
The city roads in Florida are made with sea shell filler (very sharp) and the
tar holding it together goes away in the heat.  Like driving
on broken glass all the time.  I get very poor tire milage (15-20k)on ALL
my cars, not just my 351C Tiger.  In Virginia, I used to get over 70k
miles on tires and then replace them due to sidewall cracks.  Had a
Boss 302 in the Tiger at that time .

At 05:26 PM 8/11/99 -0700, you wrote:
>> and not cause very uneven wear. Besides, how many people ever actually wear
>> out their tires anyway?? Any tire over four or five years old should
>> probably be retired regardless of how much tread is left. What most of us
>> need are tires with a tire wear index of about 80. ;-)
>>

>Amen to that!  I was just buying new tires for my Tiger, and all these
>tire store guys were telling me how I was going to get 60,000 miles on
>this tire, 70,000 miles on that tire, and so on, and how this tire was
>better for rain and slush...
>
>HA!
>
>Kinda hard to rack up those kinda miles when you only drive it once in a
>while in nice weather!  I think I've only put 5000 miles on mine since
>buying it in 1993.  Very FUN miles!
>
>Gerard
>65 MKI
>--
>BOB Oil Recovery System: http://www.bob2000.com
>Geewhiz Homepage: http://home.inreach.com/geewhiz/4277.htm :
>Fast Ford cars, ATV's, Rockets, & A Tribute to My Late Father

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others