Re: Ackerman Angle

To: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>, <larry.p@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Ackerman Angle
From: "Doug Mallory" <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 13:20:07 -0400

>I think I know what you meant to say Doug, maybe not, but what I think you
>meant was "positive caster", which you get by adding shims to the rear
>upper A-arm "shock tower" mounting bolt. I might note, as others have
>previously, that the Shop Manual does not condone any adjustment in caster,
>only camber, because they use a double shim that fits over both the front
>and rear A-arm bolts.

You are correct. My car is ran on auto-x only. The tires have a tread wear
of 0 or
10 depending on brand Hoosier or BFG. I get about 18 races or 50 miles on a
set of tires.
The wear is even with the before mentioned set up. BUT you have to watch
tire pressure and watch the 360's it seams to flat spot tires if you lift in
the spin.

Doug