Re: 13 inch tires

To: W_Pierzga@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: 13 inch tires
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 21:38:04 EDT
In a message dated 8/31/99 1:39:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
W_Pierzga@email.msn.com writes:

> Would it be beneficial to mix a LAT - wide wheel (6 inch) with the original
>  LAT wheels (5.5 inch): e.g. front / back?

If you are referring to Rick M's repro LAT wheels, they are not actually 6
inches wide, but more like 5 7/8 inches.  So IMHO you don't gain a whole lot
of extra width by installing them.  They are, however, probably a lot
stronger than the originals, and their appearance is reasonably close to
them.  Some of the early ones had a problem with the size of the mounting
holes, but I believe he corrected this long ago.

Dick