Re: carbs

To: "List Tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: carbs
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 23:43:29 -0500
Chris:

The response you received from Mike is only half right (no offense intended
toward Mike).  He is correct that the Holley list #1850 does signify that
the carb is a vacuum secondary 600 cfm unit.  However, without going into a
long drawn out explanation of the Ford part numbering system, the
Motorcraft unit, part #DOPF-9510-V is actually a 1970 Ford unit.  From what
I remember, this carb is most likely off of a Ford truck or from their big
passenger car line (LTD, etc).  I have no idea of the cfm rating of this
carb.  Hope this helps you.

Kind regards,
Andy Walker